Saturday, January 22, 2011

humbled

I just finished watching At the End of Slavery. It is a documentary put together by International Justice Mission, or IJM, about the work that is happening around the world to combat modern-day slavery. It is a well done, informative, realistic picture of modern-day slavery.

I sat humbled.

As I watched the pictures flash across the screens, I recognized my home, my city. They talked about realities in Cambodia. There was footage of scenes that I see daily. There were streets pictured that I drive down regularly. This is where I live. This is where I work. These are the people that I love.

And, I am humbled. Every. Single. Day.

I am humbled that God allows me the privilege to be a part of the work that He is doing in this nation and in this world. I am humbled that He trusts me with His message of hope, love, and freedom.

I don't deserve it. I don't understand it. I haven't earned it. But, I suppose salvation is just like that, too. I don't deserve it. I don't understand it. I haven't earned it.

But, it's mine...

1 comment:

  1. That is the same video we showed to the Discipleship Group here! More slaves in the world today than at any other time in history and not ONE of these young people are being taught anything about it at school! Makes me angry! They were so thankful to see the video and learn!

    ReplyDelete