Monday, March 12, 2012

barista

There are days when I am overwhelmed. Yes, it is true. It absolutely does happen. There are days when I look at the tasks before me and realize how completely unqualified I am. There are days when I simply think there is no way I can do this. There are days when I am tempted to simply give up.

There are days when I would love to be a barista.
Now, this is not said to discredit the job of a barista. I am incredibly thankful that there are wonderful people who can make me a good coffee and create art in a cup. And, some days I would love to simply have the task of artfully pouring steamed milk and coffee and brightening someone's morning (or afternoon or evening).
But, most days I realize that I would never be satisfied working behind a counter blending frappes. My heart is too deeply burdened for something else, for someone else. And so, I say thank you to all the baristas who skillfully pour the lattes that alleviate my caffeine headache and propel me in the work before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment