Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bprahm Kai Howie!

Where does time go? I feel like the days keep flying past me whether I am ready for them or not. Somehow it is the first of May already, but I often still sit and wonder where 2009 went. I have been in Cambodia for 5 months already (brpahm kai howie). In some ways I cannot possibly believe that I have been here this long, but in other ways I feel like this is my home now and has been for ages. Cambodia has a way of capturing people's hearts. I cannot even count how many people I have encountered here who were planning to come for a month, 3 months, 6 months, or a year but upon spending time here they have extended their time here because Cambodia has gotten under their skin. The Khmer people have squeezed their way into hearts. I have definitely become one of those people who can't imagine leaving. I know that my work in Cambodia is not complete. I know that I will be back. I believe it will be sooner rather than later. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy my next several weeks here before I plan my trip back to the States. I plan on learning as much as I can, speaking Khmer as much as I can, and loving people as much as I can in these next several weeks...and I might throw some fun traveling into the mix as well, just to keep things interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment