Monday, February 14, 2011

super bowl!

Last Monday, my alarm started buzzing at 5am. After hitting the snooze once, I hauled myself out of bed and into the shower. Threw on some clothes and headed out the door. Why, you ask? Because the Super Bowl was on, my friends.
I do not claim to be the most knowledgeable about the game, but I do really enjoy watching it. And, after not having seen a game for well over a year, I jumped at the opportunity to join some friends to watch the big game.
So, my friends, Steph and Jen, and I got up early and headed to a sports bar that was opening up extra early just for the crazy Americans who wanted to watch the game.
So, here I sat drinking my latte and eating my omelet in a bar filled with Americans watching the Packers battle the Steelers. It seemed strange not to have chips and salsa or chili or snack mixes to munch while watching, and we definitely missed out on all of the classic Super Bowl commercials. But, it was definitely worth the early morning!
Now, if I can just find some place to watch all the March Madness...

No comments:

Post a Comment