Saturday, April 16, 2011

beautiful things

There are so many beautiful things, and sometimes I forget to notice them. I really try to remember to look for them, but I live in a land of concrete, littered with plastic bags and pollution and dust and poverty. So, most days it really does take a valiant effort on my part to see the beauty. But, other days the beauty has no problem finding me...

Thank You, Jesus, for a beautiful sunset cruise down the Tonle Sap River...
...and for green trees and fresh air and rushing water just a few hours from home...
...and for bright-colored flowers weaved together in a crown fit for a princess...
...and for changed hearts and lives.

You make beautiful things,
You make beautiful things out of the dust.
You make beautiful things,
You make beautiful things out of us.
~ michael gungor

No comments:

Post a Comment