Thursday, May 12, 2011

too much

Have you ever wondered how much is too much?
Lately, I have found myself wondering if "too much" really exists, if it is even possible.

Is it possible to give too much?
Is it possible to show too much mercy?
Is it possible to offer too much grace?
Is it possible to love too much?
Is it possible to care too much?

I have been pondering these questions and thinking about my Savior, thinking about what He did and what He asks of me. If I had a nickel (or 100 riel) for every time I have heard someone say that they admire my "sacrifice" or the work that I am doing, I would be a wealthy woman. Though, if I did have that extra money, I doubt it would stick around too long...there are just too many places to sow it. My whole point is this:

I am not anything spectacular. I am but dust. I am a sinner who is thankful that God's mercies are new every morning. I have the wonderful love of my blessed Redeemer way down in the depths of my heart. And, that blessed Redeemer went to hell and back to save me. So, who am I to even suggest that anything He asks me to do is too much?

"This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you." ~ John 15:12

No comments:

Post a Comment