Tuesday, July 5, 2011

loving a person...

loving a person just the way they are, it's no small thing

Sometimes I wonder how much things I do really matter. Sometimes I doubt that I am really making a worthwhile difference in my tiny corner of the world, let alone the world that looms over and around me. Sometimes I feel like my attempts to live like Jesus are futile. Sometimes I ache to relieve some of the pain that surrounds me every day. Sometimes I contemplate my true purpose.

But, today, I made a new friend. He is about 9 years old. I sat with him for hours. We bounced balls. We looked for the source of police sirens. We played a game with Ben 10 cards on a dusty, tile floor. We sat on a stoop. We tried to scoot out of the sun. We laughed. We kicked balls. We were joined by some other friends. We ate bananas. We waved good-bye and said, "see you tomorrow!"

And, today I remembered.

loving a person just the way they are, that's no small thing...that's the whole thing
sara groves, "loving a person"

No comments:

Post a Comment