Wednesday, July 11, 2012

a better question?

So, you know those questions we ask ourselves about the goals and purpose of our lives? Ok, so maybe you don't ask yourselves these kind of questions, but humor me.


I have often wondered if I am doing the right thing, if I am living well, if I am really making a difference, if I am really enjoying the life I am living, if I am kind enough or compassionate enough or just enough. The truth is that I want to live a life that truly honors my glorious God, but sometimes I think that I might make that a little too complicated in my pursuit to be like Jesus, to do what Jesus would want me to do. And, a few days ago I was reading in Carl Medearis's book Speaking of Jesus when he posed the following question about a better question we should be asking ourselves:


"If Jesus were living my life right now and He were here doing what I'm doing, would He be pleased or want to do something else?"

I hope beyond hope that He would be pleased...

No comments:

Post a Comment