Friday, January 6, 2012

saying good-bye

Typically, I am not a fan of saying good-bye. I prefer "see ya later"s or "talk to you soon"s. And, in leaving America a few days ago, I was certainly feeling the heartache of saying good-bye to so many people that I love, so many people that I miss terribly. Such a bittersweet feeling.

But, this is about a different good-bye. Six days ago I, along with the rest of the world, said good-bye to 2011. While I will admit that it was quite a whirlwind that I can hardly believe went so quickly, I was not sad to say good-bye. I would consider myself to be quite a positive, optimistic, joyful person, and thus, I acknowledge that the goods of 2011 outweighed the bads. However, 2011 was not the best year I have ever had by any means. There was much chaos and confusion and frustration and transition and grief and unknown. But, I am confident that I came out of it with a lot more character than I went into it with.

2011, thanks for the lessons, and I happily bid you farewell.
2012, I am welcoming you with open arms and an open heart. I am confident that you are going to be good in ways I cannot yet see.

Here's to saying good-bye and moving forward with hope!

1 comment: