Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Eleutheroo

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit."
~ Romans 8:2-4
I just wanted to give a little bit of explanation for you behind the name of my blog. Eleutheroo is the Greek word for "made free." It means to liberate, to acquit, to set free, to deliver. It is the Greek word used in the New Testament for Jesus setting believers free from the dominion of sin. Eleutheroo brings life. It embodies everything that Christ has done for us. And, this idea of being made free is exactly what the world needs. We all deserve to be punished, to be condemned, yet Christ came that we might be free instead. That, my friends, is beautiful. This freedom is exactly what I am trying to take to the world around me. I want to bring this freedom to the hurting, the broken, the lonely, the lost. This freedom is why I am doing what I am doing. It is my motivation to step out in faith and reach beyond myself and my comfort to do something greater.
I encourage you to embrace the freedom you have in Christ. You have been made free! How amazing!
"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." ~ John 8:36

No comments:

Post a Comment